Mailchimp have released their year in review and it reveals some interesting statistics that show just how important email marketing is, and will continue to be.
As we talk so much about social media in digital, it’s often easy to overlook the effectiveness of email as a form of communication.
Some of the key numbers:
- 237,615 Mailchimp mobile downloads
- 1,238,969 campaigns shared on Twitter and Facebook
- 1,907,466,306 total clicks
- 3,168,633,335 total subscribers added
- 20,028,370,775 total opens
- 70,000,000,000 emails sent
- 24,323,099 total campaigns sent
It tells us that email marketing, like it or not, is here to stay.
It also tells us that social media marketers aren’t doing as well as we should be to integrate all forms of the digital marketing mix into our activations, especially on mobile.
We need to be striving to do more to tie social media and direct communications activity together:
We can give our communities what they want, where they want it
It can tell us a great deal about them
It can show us what we need to do better
Will you be making email marketing a more prominent part of your digital communications strategy in 2014?